Disclaimer

This blog is only Ball-Jointed Dolls related. You don't understand my love for this hobby? Click


MY BJD D I A R I E S
Thursday, 25 June 2015 • 02:18 • 0 Sweet hearts

Hello! I've uploaded a video on Youtube on the Tattoos that I did for Shiki ♥ Here is the link for a fast review on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtKunNFgN0

Okie, so just to let you know that all of this is actually my first attempt! It's the first time I unstring the whole of a doll's body, the first time I give a doll a spa and it's the first time I spray MSC on a doll, drew tattoos and string him back together!!! So when I did it, it's a lot of pressure! I'm afraid that I'll messed it up! But I'll explain my progress and if you are trying this for the first time too, you can use my methods and I hope you will find it useful :)

Unstringing a BJD 


So like me, if you don't have any professional stringing/unstringing tools, it's totally fine! All you need wooden chopsticks or paintbrushes. I don't really recommend pencils or color pencils because if your dolls is still strung really well, your doll might scraped the pencil :) And that's all you need to unstring your doll! Pull the joints at the hands and feet then insert the chopsticks/paintbrush through the string. Remove the hand/feet before releasing the chopsticks/paintbrush. 
You can view some Youtube videos if you're still not clear 

BJD Spa

For this, just prepare one bucket of water and the other a bucket of water with some dish soap. You can clean the parts together but I did mine one at a time. I use a handkerchief to wash my doll parts but you can use a clean toothbrush if you want. When you're done, let them dry. Don't put them out in the Sun!

Tattoos

I sprayed two layers of MSC first, wait for 10 mins or so for them to dry before I start a light sketching of the tattoos on the body with a pencil. Afterwards, I used watercolor pencils to draw the tattoos out. I think you can use markers too but I didn't TAT (I should have.) When I'm done, I sprayed 2-3 coats of MSC to seal the tattoos and wait for them to dry again 







Stringing a BJD 

Lemme just say, I hate stringing a doll back so freaking much! And for this boy, I strung him twice because I found out that I strung him wrongly! So, the P A I N!!! But the second time I strung him, everything went well and yay! So, like I said, if you don't have proper tools to string a doll back, it's fine :) Lemme tell you my secret: I use the S-hooks from the doll's body and tie it to a string and tadaa! You have your stringing tool! The wires that I have are all too flimsy so I don't recommend them! Hahas! Of course, you still need your paintbrush/chopsticks. I can't explain much about the stringing so you can view some videos on Youtube and learn 

Ciao



0 Comments posted :

Post a Comment


Cupcakes?



Contact Info


Cakes & Dolls

Post history





Template By: Kawaii Lady
Some stuff: